Honours BA GPA: To continue in the Honours program, students must maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.0 (C+). Students whose CGPA falls below 5.0 during the course of their studies may proceed in the Honours program, on warning, provided they meet the year level progression requirements as follows:
|Year Level||Cumulative Credits Completed||CGPA|
|1||Fewer than 24 credits||4|
|2||24 to 53 credits||4.25|
|3||54 to 83 credits||4.8|
Students in this situation must achieve a CGPA of 5.0 by the time they complete their 90th credit in order to graduate in Honours.
- BA GPA: To pursue a three-year BA program, students must maintain a CGPA of 4.0 (C).
- For the purposes of meeting program requirements AP/SOSC 1510 6.0 will count as six credits towards the major or minor but not towards the General Education requirements.
- All WKLS degree options allow you to take relevant courses offered outside the Department of Social Science for degree credit, in the Faculties of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Education, Environmental Studies and Health, the Schulich School of Business, and Glendon College. However, courses not designated in the Work and Labour Studies lists of courses cannot normally be substituted for degree requirements in the program.
- 4000-Level Credits: Faculty legislation requires that, in order to obtain an Honours BA (120 credits), students must take a total of at least 18 credits at the 4000 level, including at least 12 credits at the 4000 level in each Honours major or Specialized Honours major.
- Students pursuing a BA Honours in Work and Labour Studies in combination with any other Major or Minor must consult the other relevant program (and its Undergraduate Program Director, Program Coordinator or Program Assistant) to ensure that the other program’s requirements are being met.
- Please refer to the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies Student Handbook for a detailed list of all complete BA requirements.